- Candidates for the AAVLD/ACVP Travel Award must be veterinarians currently enrolled in a full-time veterinary pathology residency program and/or graduate program in veterinary pathology or a related discipline in the U.S. or Canada. Candidates who have completed a graduate and/or residency program in veterinary pathology since June 30 of the year at which they are presenting their work at the AAVLD meeting are eligible to compete.
Application and Selection Procedure
- The applicant should follow the guidelines for abstract submissions for the AAVLD meeting to be eligible for the award. Submit abstracts via the AAVLD AbstractCentral website http://aavld2013.abstractcentral.com. Choose the AAVLD/ACVP Travel Award during the submission process on the website.
- The deadline for receipt of all application materials is June 1, 2013.
- Applicants have to request a platform presentation to be considered for the award.
- Candidates should select “pathology” as the presentation category when submitting the abstract.
- The presentation must represent original work of the applicant completed during their residency or graduate program. The successful applicant must be primary author of the platform presentation in the pathology session of AAVLD.
- An independent panel of judges will select the best oral presentation by a trainee.
- If the selected candidate is unable to attend the 2014 ACVP meeting, the runner-up will receive the award.
- The recipient of the award will be announced at the Sunday night President’s reception of the AAVLD annual meeting.
For questions regarding the 2013 AAVLD/ACVP Resident/Graduate Student Diagnostic Pathology Award, please contact Dr. Tim Baszler by email at email@example.com.