The AAVLD is a world leader in advancing the discipline of veterinary diagnostic laboratory science to promote global animal health and One Health.
The AAVLD promotes continuous improvement and public awareness of veterinary diagnostic laboratories by advancing the discipline of veterinary diagnostic laboratory science. The AAVLD provides avenues for education, communication, peer-reviewed publication, collaboration, outreach, and laboratory accreditation.
Motto: Advancing veterinary diagnostic laboratory science
The AAVLD is committed to these core values:
- Continuous improvement
- Engagement of members
- Effective communication
- Support of One Health
- Advocate for the role of veterinary diagnostic laboratories in global health
- Foster the continuous improvement of diagnostic laboratory techniques and processes, personnel qualifications, and facilities
- Promote the continued professional growth of members
- Disseminate information concerning the diagnosis/monitoring of animal health and disease surveillance
- Provide a formal accreditation process for veterinary medical diagnostic laboratories