The American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians (AAVLD) is a not-for-profit professional organization which seeks to:
Disseminate information relating to the diagnosis of animal diseases Coordinate diagnostic activities of regulatory, research and service laboratories
- Establish uniform diagnostic techniques
- Improve existing diagnostic techniques
- Develop new diagnostic techniques
- Establish accepted guidelines for the improvement of diagnostic laboratory organizations relative to personnel qualifications and facilities
- Act as a consultant to the United States Animal Health Association on uniform diagnostic criteria involved in regulatory animal disease programs
AAVLD Vision & Mission
AAVLD Members, Don't miss out!
Scroll below and check out
Your Foundation donations
For a complete list of 2013 Awardees click here.
For a complete list of 2012 Awardees click here.
For a complete list of 2011 Awardees click here.
Foundation Form on-line
Foundation Donation (PDF)
Contributions to the AAVLD Foundation are tax-exempt 501(c)(3).
Click on picture for details
|2014 Upcoming Meetings(Information updated as we receive it)
Executive Board Meeting
Details: Click here
Legislative day on the hill
Details: up and coming 2015 info
October 14-21, 2014-Upcoming AAVLD/USAHA Annual Meeting
2014 AAVLD/USAHA Annual Meeting
Registration Now open! Click here
Not a member?
2014 Annual Meeting Registration is Now Open! click here
** Address Change**
P.O. Box 6396, Visalia, CA. 93290
ELANO Animal Health
"ELANCO Announces Approval of Viralign 6 Vaccine”
AAVLD ListServ Now will be available in the AAVLD website. Go to "My Features" Select E-List and turn your notification (On)Click here
ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR CASES FOR AAVLD DIAGNOSTIC PATHOLOGY SLIDE SEMINAR
AAVLD 57th Annual Meeting Diagnostic Pathology Slide Seminar
October 16-22 2014, Kansas City, Missouri
Submission Deadline: July 1, 2014
Histopathology slide set payment form Click here
Accreditation FAQ Qtr 4 2014 Click here
Latin Comparative Pathology Group (Latinamerican Division of the CLDavis Foundation) Click here
NVSL News Update "Submitting Samples" click here
The AAVLD is a world leader in advancing the discipline of veterinary diagnostic laboratory science to promote global animal health and One Health.
The AAVLD promotes continuous improvement and public awareness of veterinary diagnostic laboratories by advancing the discipline of veterinary diagnostic laboratory science. The AAVLD provides avenues for education, communication, peer-reviewed publication, collaboration, outreach, and laboratory accreditation.
Motto: Advancing veterinary diagnostic laboratory science
The AAVLD is committed to these core values:
- Continuous improvement
- Engagement of members
- Effective communication
- Support of One Health
- Advocate for the role of veterinary diagnostic laboratories in global health
- Foster the continuous improvement of diagnostic laboratory techniques and processes, personnel qualifications, and facilities
- Promote the continued professional growth of members
- Disseminate information concerning the diagnosis/monitoring of animal health and disease surveillance
- Provide a formal accreditation process for veterinary medical diagnostic laboratories