This year’s meeting is held at the Town & Country Resort and Convention Center in San Diego, California, October 17-23, 2013.
Downloadable PDF Document Click here
Materials for Staying Alive:
2013 starying alive symposium - maxie - aavld ahl mkting oct 2013.pdfamended(oct22,2013)
staying alive symposium - akey - alternative funding sources 1.pdf
2013 staying alive symposium - akey - think like a client 1.pdf
2013 staying alive symposium - ramm - cost-benefit analysis of marketing 1.pdf
2013 staying alive symposium - ramm - how can lean help 1.pdf
2013 staying alive symposium - simunich - courier service - isda ahl 1.pdf
StayingAlive/testing weighted evaluation factors.pdf
StayingAlive/testing evaluation matrix--blank.pdf
StayingAlive/staying alive symposium flyer.pdf
StayingAlive/staying alive symposium agenda.pdf
StayingAlive/fecal costing worksheet.pdf
To RSVP Please fill out this Registration Form click here
Download Staying Alive Agenda PDF click here
Thursday, October 17th, 2013 8:00 am - Noon
Pacific Salon 1
The bottom fell out of the US and World economy almost 5 years ago now. State and Federal support for Veterinary Diagnostic Labs continues to slip with “fiscal cliffs” and “sequestrations”. Private laboratories now control 80% of the companion animal diagnostics market, have professional marketing teams, huge booths at trade shows and are investing in new technologies and tests.
You are faced with two choices, ① - sit back and wait for things to get better or ② - take control of your own destiny. If you think your only choice is “①”, you need to attend this meeting. If you have already decided your only choice is “②”, you need to attend this meeting.
Come join a group of other AAVLD Lab Directors and Business Managers and learn what strategies your peers have come up with to not only survive, but thrive and grow in the face of these challenges. The agenda for the meeting is still being finalized but topics to be covered will likely include:
- What can you do on a shoestring budget?
- What works and what doesn’t?
- Cost/Benefit of marketing efforts
- An important thing or the only important thing?
- What do I really know about my customers? What should I know about my customers?
- What are the options for improving or implementing courier services from my lab?
- Can my lab be all things to all clients and survive?
- Alternative funding sources – beyond State and Federal
- Strength in numbers – Selling State and Federal funding
- Value-added services – it’s more than just testing
Lab Operations Under the Microscope
- Value Stream Mapping – dissect your processes
- Customer-driven operations
- Data-driven decision making – pricing, investing in new equipment/technologies/positions
There is no registration fee for this Symposium however space is limited so please register in advance by filling out this form. Feel free to contact Reda Ozuna at 1-559-687-0570 if you have any questions or email: email@example.com